JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
A Site Development & Landscape Construction Labourer at Gateman-Milloy Inc. works at the construction or industrial sites on such duties as drainage and irrigation trenching, pipe-laying, backfilling, construction materials handling (grading, raking, shoveling, planting, sodding, seeding, stone picking, loading, unloading, mulching), top dressing, and plant bedding. Construction Labourers work under the direction of a Foreman or Site Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow daily work instructions as given by the Foreman or Site Supervisor
• The proficient use of small tools and machinery, applications of various construction materials, and general landscape and construction methods
• Maintain good working relationships with customers, subtrades and suppliers frequenting the sites
• Operate equipment and tools efficiently, slowly and safely, always being aware of potential hazards
• Work safely at all times
• Dress according to the company dress code
• Report any problems to the Foreman or Site Supervisor as soon as possible
• Arrive for work as scheduled each day
• Follow all company policies and procedures
• Follow all OHSA regulations and Company safety policy
• Report all hours to Foreman or Site Supervisor daily
• Exhibit professional behavior at all times
• Perform snow removal duties in the winter months as required
• Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned by the Foreman or Site Supervisor
• Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• A high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred
• 3-5 years of related experience
• The position requires attendance Monday through Friday for eight to ten hours a day. Longer hours may be necessary.
• Exposure to outdoor weather conditions of all extremes is a constant. Within the work environment, there is moderate to very loud noise, depending upon the proximity of running trucks and heavy equipment.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email submission