Gateman-Milloy Inc. is an award-winning firm specializing in site development, ICI construction and property maintenance. Since 1982 we have been creating all the best places. We pride ourselves on the excellent reputation we have built over the years; it has been earned through the completion of many successful projects and quality relationships.
Our reputation as a leading construction services provider is built on the following principals:
Professionalism, Trust, Team, Problem Solving, Reliability & Innovation.
We are currently recruiting a Site Supervisor to join our Building Division. A Site Supervisor leads and supervises labourers and subcontractors under the direction of the Project Manager and Operations Manager. They plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule and budget, specifically related to ensuring subcontractors arrive on site as scheduled and conduct their work as specified.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule and scope of work
- Ensure subcontractors arrive on site and conduct their work as specified and as scheduled.
- Maintain communications with project team regarding the planning and execution of construction tasks as it relates to meeting schedule and budget targets, quality of products and installations, conduct of staff and subcontractors, relations with subcontractors, employees, vendors and customers
- Maintain a daily log of events relating to, attendance on site, equipment, subcontractors, consultants, clients, and owners
- Maintain positive public regard for Gateman-Milloy Inc.’s management, employees, vendors, and customers at all times.
- Comply with and enforce, the duties outlined within the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Constructions Projects
- Complete and submit project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, etc.)
- Complete hazard assessments, safety talks, site inspections and other mandatory health and safety duties.
- Follow company policies and procedures, OHSA regulations and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned by project and operations team
- 3-5 years experience in similar role in ICI construction
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Project
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and clean driving abstract
- Organizational skills
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Company paid group benefits
- Company sponsored pension plan
Accommodations during the recruitment process are available to applicants with disabilities. To request an accommodation, email the Human Resources Department or call 519-748-6500.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com